Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Woke up this morning and found a 'special guest' in my house.
It stayed overnight at the balcony next to our living room. Lol.
Guess what....it's a BABY BIRDIE!
Nope, birdbird does not belong to us. Haha.
It's just one of those stray birds left outside our flat by its parents(?).
I don't know how it ended up on such a high floor.=.=

Dad found birdbird late last night when he came back and brought it into our house so that it won't be eaten by cats.
The baby birdie was just so helpless....it couldn't fly, walk or self-feed.
Poor thing.
Mum said that my dad was so funny.
He fed the bird with porridge! Ahahaha.
But of course, the bird didn't eat coz it wouldn't even open its mouth.

So birdbird spent the whole night 'standing' at the same spot until this morning.
It must be very tired, I think, coz mum said that she saw it hanging upside down on the plant stand. OMG!
Well, before I left for school, I 'played' with birdbird awhile and snapped some pics of it.
So cute...
Mum kept me informed of the progress of the bird when I was in school.
Apparently, it was learning to walk and fly on its own, chirping very loudly at the same time.


When I reached home after school at around 6 plus, dad had already put the baby bird back to the original place where he found it.
This was in case the parents come back and look for the baby.
Somehow, birdbird managed to 'fly' or 'climb' up to the ledge and was making alot of noise.
It looked quite untidy, feathers all ruffled, probably due to the attempts in ~flying~. Haha.
Two adult birds were flying nearby which were probably the parents.

The sad thing was, I don't know what happened to the birdie after that.
Dad came back shortly after me and the birdie was GONE!
Fearing that it might have fell downstairs as it couldn't really fly, dad went to look for it but to no avail.


Just hope that birdbird is now with its parents and is safe and sound.<3

I feel like squishing birdbird. Lols.

No comments:

 
Image by ♥twiinx * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Cursors by ♥ DORISCHU